Press RoomPress Room
"Control The Universe" is URC's monthly newsletter. Click here to sign up today!
For more press information and images, members of the media (media only, please) can contact Cat Toomey @ 317.514.5546 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Universal Remote Control Outlines Training Schedule For Spring 2009 EHX
The pioneering manufacturer will offer 10 intensive,
free-of-charge classes over three days to EHX attendees.
ALL EARN CEDIA CEU CREDITS
Orlando, FL – EHX Spring 2009 – Booth 728 and Room 231b – March 12-14, 2009 – Universal Remote Control®, Inc. (URC), the pioneer in control technology, is offering 10 intensive training sessions over three days during the Spring 2009 Electronic House Expo (EHX). The free-of-charge classes, all of which are eligible for CEDIA Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credits, will be held in Room 231b at Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center. Available classes are as follows:
- Universal Lighting Control (Wednesday, March 11, 9:00 to 10:30 a.m.; Thursday, March 12, 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.): Installers are invited to learn how to boost their systems sales with wireless lighting control. Lutron and URC have teamed to offer top-quality, simple, scalable lighting solutions that operate directly from any of URC’s current controllers, with no interface required. The products are easy to specify and program, and clients can even change scene levels themselves, without the need for costly truck rolls. This session will show installers how to specify and program URC lighting control and add more profit to their jobs in the process.
- Complete Control Programming for Everyone (Wednesday, March 11, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; Thursday, March 12, 8:00 to 9:30 a.m.): By learning to program system controls, installers who are new to the custom world gain a sure way to increase profits while delighting their customers. Using the powerful color URC MX-880 as an example, this class will impart proper techniques and encourage the development of good habits for efficiently and effectively programming URC’s most popular controllers.
- Two-Way Control & More! The MX-6000 (Wednesday, March 11, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.; Friday, March 13, 9:00 a.m. to noon): URC’s new MX-6000 Touch Screen couples an advanced two-way interface with onscreen feedback. It uses broadband WiFi for metadata and cover art, and narrow-band RF communication to operate all standard A/V equipment. Installers can learn all about how to program, implement and use this highly capable device during this session.
- Advanced Programming Techniques (Thursday, March 12, 10:00 to 11:30 a.m.): In this session, installers can learn how to elevate their system programming skills beyond the “beginner” phase. Students will learn about different control architectures, such as designing controls for multiple users and multi-room applications. The session also will explore the powerful Variables feature, and show how to combine variables with logic statements for truly intuitive user-based interfaces.
- Mastering the MSC-400 (Thursday, March 12, noon to 1:30 p.m.): URC’s MSC-400 Master System Controller provides bulletproof control by simplifying installations and preventing return calls to customers’ homes. Installers can learn all about the MSC-400 and its capabilities during this session.
- High-End Control at Down-to-Earth Pricing (Thursday, March 12, 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.): Modern A/V systems require sophisticated control for all family members to use, but family budgets are tightening. This class will show installers how they can provide control systems with intuitive interfaces, status feedback, conditional logic and two-way operation without breaking the bank.
- Unleashing the PSX-2 Personal Server (Friday, March 13, 12:30 to 2:00 p.m.): The PSX-2, the most advanced and installer-oriented iPod dock ever, makes its custom trade show debut at EHX. In this class, students can learn all about how to use it.
About Universal Remote Control, Inc\
Universal Remote Control, Inc. (URC), is The Pioneer in Control Technology. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Harrison, N.Y., URC has sold more than 50 million remote controls in the last 10 years alone. A world leader in high-quality remote control design, engineering, manufacture and distribution, URC is widely regarded as a category innovator by consumers, retailers, custom installers, subscription broadcast providers and OEM partners. URC has built its reputation by delivering exceptional levels of quality, training, reliability and support to its customers. Visit URC at www.universalremote.com. Installers can keep up to date with the latest URC news, training and support, as well as communicate directly with the company and their peers, at www.URCControlRoom.com.