The MX-780 Remote Control provides the reliability you need when controlling your entertainment system. It has a gorgeous 1.46″ LCD screen and a host of new color icons with modern sources for your installer to use when designing the layout and look of your MX-780 remote control.
You can control up to 48 devices located in any room throughout your home with the MX-780. You can use your MX-780 to control components via RF on the standard 418 MHz or 433 MHz “i” series frequencies, through walls and cabinet doors without having to aim or point. Your custom installation specialist can help you decide which URC RF base station will work best for your particular system configuration in order to enhance your home automation experience and have “No More Pointing” technology in your system. Your MX-780 remote control can also operate URC lighting directly via RF with no special interface or module required, inside and outside you home.
Although it can be used for any home automation application, URC designed the MX-780 as the picture-perfect solo controller for secondary rooms such as children’s bedrooms, guest rooms, sunrooms and dens. There are centrally located Menu, Guide, Info and directional buttons for smoothly navigating your cable/Sat and DVD menus, as well as four color (Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow) hard buttons for Blu-ray, SAT, and DVR playback functionality.
The MX-780 uses four (4) AA-size alkaline batteries and employs a sophisticated built in memory back up to retain your program if unused for several months. You simply need to add new batteries and your program is there, perfect for summer and ski house applications. Your custom installer will work with you to configure your MX-780 to your taste so that it’s the perfect companion for any room in the house you choose.
- 32Mbit Nor FLASH
- 1.46" LCD (128 x 128)
- Total Customization Capability:
- Up to 48 devices and up to 8 pages each for a total of 384 pages.
- Learning Capability:
- Standard frequencies (15kHz to 460kHz)
- Macro Capability:
- Up to 255 steps each
- IR Range (Line of Sight via Infrared):
- 30-50 feet, depending on the environment
- RF Range (radio frequency):
- 50 to 100 feet, depending upon the environment
- RF Frequency:
- 8.5 oz. (with battery)
- 8.7"H x 2.2"W x 1.3"D
- Four AA Alkaline Batteries (included)
- Battery Life:
- 18 Hours of continuous button pressing with backlighting and LCD ON (months of use for most users). Users should expect some variation based on the brand of alkaline batteries used.
- In actual use, the MX-780 protects itself if it gets stuck between couch cushions (with a button being continuously pressed). After 30 seconds the MX-780 will turn off, and will not turn on again until the button is released.